14 pairs of creators will be split into 2 groups of 7, one of which is “Team England” and the other of which is “Team Soccer Aid World” (SAW). The two teams will play in a round robin-esque points race, in which pairs will be matched up vs. pairs from only the opposing team. The first team to reach a majority of the possible points is the winner.
- 1-hour before show time
Detailed Tournament Format
- Team England vs. Team SAW points race
- PS5 only
- All games in 2v2 FUT, head to head, 1 leg.
- Up to 7 rounds of play (minimum of 5 rounds)
- Each round has 7 matches with a Team England vs Team SAW matchup
- Each pair plays each other once, but never against themselves (i.e. never Team SAW vs. Team SAW)
- Scoring structure
- Win = 1 pt
- Draw = ½ pt
- Loss = 0 pt
- Win condition: the first team to reach 25 points is declared the winner.
- If tied 24.5 to 24.5, a tiebreaker round would be one pair from England and one pair from SAW selected by their managers, to face-off in a final match to determine the champion
- Team Details
- Each team is comprised of 1 or more “captains” and 14 players
- The 14 players are: 9 creators, 4 footballers, and 1 pro
- Captains do not play - they co-stream, spectate, and cheer on their teams
- The 14 players are further split into 7 pairs
Creators will receive a special gift ahead of the event containing custom Twitch Rivals and Soccer Aid merch.